Kidflix, which was known as “one of the largest child sexual exploitation platforms in the world,” has been shut down, according to the Saskatoon Police Service.
Through Operation Stream – a global Europol-supported operation – The Saskatchewan Internet Child Exploitation (ICE) Unit was able to arrest a user in Regina.
On March 27, 2025, 23-year-old Edmund James Bellegarde Jr. was arrested after ICE executed a search warrant. Police said they searched several electronic devices while there.
The Regina man is charged with:
- Possession of Child Pornography 163.1(4)
- Accessing Child Pornography 163.1(4.1)
The 23-year-old’s next court appearance is on May 14 in Regina.
Read More:
- How are tariffs impacting the Saskatchewan brewing industry?
- Shelter update, shortened paid parking hours to be discussed at City Hall
- Program helps nervous Regina students prepare for move to new school
Operation Stream consisted of over 35 countries, was supported by Europpol and led by the State Criminal Police of Bavaria (Bayerisches Landeskriminalamt) and the Bavarian Central Office for the Prosecution of Cybercrime, according to a news release.
Between April 2022 and March 2025, 1.8 million users logged onto the platform, which, when German and Dutch authorities seized it, contained roughly 72,000 videos.
The Europol operation has arrested 79 people for sharing, distributing, and/or making child sexual abuse material. They have identified almost 14000 suspects worldwide. The global investigation is still ongoing.
ICE investigates crimes involving the abuse and/or exploitation of children on the internet and is comprised of investigators from the Saskatchewan RCMP, Regina Police Service, Saskatoon Police Service, and Prince Albert Police Service.

Between April 2022 and March 2025, 1.8 million users logged onto the platform, which, when German and Dutch authorities seized it, contained roughly 72,000 videos. (Saskatchewan Internet Child Exploitation)
Staff Sergeant Tim Failler, the Saskatoon Police Service member in charge of Saskatchewan’s ICE unit, said this is one of the biggest international investigations he has ever seen.
“It’s a real win for law enforcement and the public at large,” he said. “Unfortunately, these offenses are on the rise throughout North America and worldwide.”
Failler said the ICE unit received a package of evidence sent from German law enforcement in February 2025, identifying Bellegarde as someone who allegedly accessed the website.
He said it is not uncommon for the unit to receive information or evidence from another country.
“As you can imagine, child exploitation is a borderless crime,” Failler said. “A lot of times, we will have a victim here or a suspect in our location when, vice versa, the suspect or the victim could be in another country.”
“We do work closely with authorities from around the world.”
RCMP and the National Child Exploitation Child Centre are assisting with all investigations taking place in Canada. The Ontario Provincial Police, Ottawa Police and Northern Alberta Integrated Child Exploitation Unit are also involved in the investigation, but Failler was not sure if anyone was arrested in those areas.
“The investigation continues,” he said. “There will likely be additional individuals charged in the near future. It is definitely one of the largest I’ve ever seen.”
“Just the sheer number of users on this specific website… it’s a huge, huge problem.”
There could be more suspects tied to the worldwide investigation in Saskatchewan, but Bellegarde is the only suspect Failler has been made aware of so far.
— With files from 980 CJME’s Gillian Massie.