Saskatoon fire department deals with garage fire in Meadow Green

By
January 9, 2017 - 7:42am
Firefighters were called to this garage on Winnipeg Avenue around 10:40 p.m. Sunday.
Saskatoon Fire Department/Supplied
Firefighters were called to this garage on Winnipeg Avenue around 10:40 p.m. Sunday.

The Saskatoon Fire Department is still working to figure out what caused a garage fire on Sunday night.

Crews were called out to 320 Winnpeg Ave. South around 10:40 p.m. They found the garage at the home on fire, with flames spreading to the roof of the house.

It took firefighters just under half an hour to get the blaze under control. Their efforts were able to keept the fire contained to the garage, preventing significant damage to the house.

Eight people, two dogs and three cats all got out of the home safe. They were allowed back in once firefighters were able to vent smoke out of the home and check carbon monoxide levels.

Twitter @CKOMNews